[Gdal-dev] 'make install' and NG Python Bindings

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:10:24 EDT 2007

Chris and William (and others following along),

I updated the 'make install' target of ./swig/python/GNUMakefile to
install the contents of ./swig/scripts in prefix/bin, like the GDAL/
OGR apps, etc.  Please add to http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1962
if any issues arise or I did something dumb.

People seem to prefer the 'make install' approach of manually copying
things as we did in the past, but I'm wondering if we don't also want
to add "scripts" support to the setuptools side of the bindings and
*also* install them that way.  The only significant advantage is
someone getting stuff from the cheeseshop would also get the utilities.

Howard