[Gdal-dev] First Leopard build results for GDAL 1.5

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 00:38:53 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Running tests from ogr/ogr_dods.py
>   TEST: ogr_dods_1 ... ERROR 4: couldn't connect to host
> fail
>
> I've never got this one to connect.  Other dap tests also fail with
>
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity "data/ais.xml"

William,

I woldn't worry about the DODS tests.

> Running tests from ogr/ogr_join_test.py
>   TEST: ogr_join_1 ... swig/python detected a memory leak of type
> 'OGRLayerShadow *', no destructor found.

Funky.  I've never seen anything like this before, but perhaps I'm
not watching closely enough.

Hmm, I'll be darned.  That happens to me too! I've just noticed it before.

> Running tests from gcore/tiff_ovr.py
>   TEST: tiff_ovr_1 ... Warning 1: File open for read-only accessing,
> creating overviews externally.
> ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
> "SubfileType"
> ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
> ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif.ovr: Unknown tag 259
> ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
> "SubfileType"
> ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
> ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif.ovr: Unknown tag 259
> fail
>     Overview missing on target file.
>   TEST: tiff_ovr_2 ... fail
>     overviews missing after re-open?
>   TEST: tiff_ovr_3 ... ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is
> already registered as "SubfileType"
> ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
> ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif: Unknown tag 259
> ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
> "SubfileType"
> ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
> ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif: Unknown tag 259
> success
>   TEST: tiff_ovr_cleanup ... success
>
> Haven't seen this one before.  Libtiff version 4.0 alpha.

I would suggest grabbing libtiff from CVS head.  This is a known
problem in libtiff4 alpha.

>   TEST: tiff_write_4 ... skip
>
> huh?

This test depends on numpy.

> Running tests from gdrivers/gdalhttp.py
>   TEST: http_1 ... I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "data/ais.xml"
> ERROR 1: An error occurred while creating a virtual connection to the
> DAP server:
> Error while reading the URL: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif.ver.
> The OPeNDAP server returned the following message:
> Not Found: The data source or server could not be found.
>         Often this means that the OPeNDAP server is missing or needs
> attention;
>         Please contact the server administrator.
> fail
>     Failed to open dataset: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif
>
> Is this down, Frank?

home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif is available.  But it seems the
http url is being addressed first by the DODS driver instead of the
http driver.  I seldom build with DODS these days.

> Running tests from gdrivers/mem.py
>   TEST: mem_1 ... success
>   TEST: mem_2 ... skip
>   TEST: mem_cleanup ... success
>
> huh?

mem_2 depends on some stuff in the old python bindings and is
skipped with the new bindings.

Good work on the build!  This 32/64 intel/ppc universal binary
stuff just breaks my brain.