[Gdal-dev] First Leopard build results for GDAL 1.5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 2 00:05:45 EDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 11:38 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>> Haven't seen this one before.  Libtiff version 4.0 alpha.
>
> I would suggest grabbing libtiff from CVS head.  This is a known
> problem in libtiff4 alpha.

I did that once as a test.  Sounds like I should build it for real,
then.

>>  TEST: tiff_write_4 ... skip
>> huh?
>
> This test depends on numpy.

Odd, I thought it built with numpy.  I'll look into it.

>> Running tests from gdrivers/gdalhttp.py
>>  TEST: http_1 ... I/O warning : failed to load external entity
>> "data/ais.xml"
>> ERROR 1: An error occurred while creating a virtual connection to
>> the DAP server:
>> Error while reading the URL: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif.ver
>> .
>> The OPeNDAP server returned the following message:
>> Not Found: The data source or server could not be found.
>>        Often this means that the OPeNDAP server is missing or needs
>> attention;
>>        Please contact the server administrator.
>> fail
>>    Failed to open dataset: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif
>> Is this down, Frank?
>
> home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif is available.  But it seems the
> http url is being addressed first by the DODS driver instead of the
> http driver.  I seldom build with DODS these days.

Sounds like a similar problem with the ordering of [I can't remember
which drivers].  Ultimately you added an extra check in one driver so
that it would better decide if it was the right one.

>> Running tests from gdrivers/mem.py
>>  TEST: mem_1 ... success
>>  TEST: mem_2 ... skip
>>  TEST: mem_cleanup ... success
>> huh?
>
> mem_2 depends on some stuff in the old python bindings and is
> skipped with the new bindings.

OK

> Good work on the build!  This 32/64 intel/ppc universal binary
> stuff just breaks my brain.

My brain's ready to burst ^_^

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe