[Gdal-dev] Is make generate a part of make release?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Nov 10 16:55:11 EST 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> I downloaded the sources of 1.4.3 and while there are swig .i files that
> are very recent, the perl wrappers are from December 2006. That would
> indicate that make generate was not run in the release process.
>
> I have a bad habit of not updating the wrappers in the repository very
> often. Is it my responsibility to update them at the time of release?

Ari,

I believe our policy is that it is up to the wrapper maintainer to
regenerate and commit the derived files. This is done so the maintainer
can confirm the correct function and because in some cases (and I
vaguely recall this applying to perl at one time) special actions are
required.

The exception is csharp for which the mkgdaldist.sh script automatically
regenerates the interfaces.

If you would like the same done for perl, please update the mkgdaldist.sh
script yourself, or write a ticket to have Mateusz do so, with any special
instructions.