[Gdal-dev] Method to get a google image by url?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 21 10:37:21 EST 2007

Zhonghai Wang wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I've set the CONFIG in mapfile, but it still doesn't work, mapserver
> still cannot access the raster images specified in the tile index file
> with http links. The error message is something like:
>
> msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file. (http://....../m_128_52_40000.gif
> <http://....../m_128_52_40000.gif>);
>
> I should mention that I've compiled MapServer myself under VS2005 with
> the MapServer 5.0 source code. MapScript is compiled with libcurl support.
>
> Do you have any idea about what is going wrong?

Zhonghai,

Note it doesn't matter if MapServer is built with libcurl, what matters is
whether GDAL is built with libcurl.  I'd suggest you set the CPL_DEBUG
environment variable to see if there is any more info available from GDAL.

Also verify that the HTTP driver is available in GDAL
(eg. gdalinfo --format http)