[Gdal-dev] recent compile on cygwin?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Nov 21 23:21:59 EST 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> Perhaps you have it installed in different location than:
>>
>> /usr with /usr/include/xercesc
>> or
>> /usr/local with /usr/local/include/xercesc
>
> xerces files are located in /usr/include/xercesc

This location is correct, so Xerces prefix is /usr.

> and a single lib file:
> /usr/lib/libxerces-c25.dll.a. Full listing is attached.

I have no idea how cygwin works, but GDAL building configuration
expects to link against -lxerces-c. IOW, libxerces-c.so file is used.

Recently, I significantly improved Xerces detection for Unix

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1988

(see last big comment)

and perhaps now it will work for you, but I'm still doing a palmistry.

> There is a note in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/xerces-c-2.5.0.README which
> says "Also, since the library exposes C++ classes, then applications
> using the library should be built with the same version compiler,
> otherwise there will be link errors." Might this be what is happening?

The only thing I can say is "perhaps". Haven't used cygwin, so no
experience here.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot