[gdal-dev] split multipolygons?

Milo van der Linden milovanderlinden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:56:27 EST 2007

Hello list,

I have a table in mapinfo format that contains different geometry types.
some are errors and when I filter out the errors, multipolygon and
polygon remain.

I try to use ogr2ogr  with -nlt to only get polygons. This doesn't work
the way I want it. When I open the resulting table in OpenJUMP, there
are still multipolygons in my table which prevent me from saving changes
I make with OpenJump.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to split multipolygons to
polygons with regards to maintaining the attributes. Can this be done?

kind regards,

Milo van der Linden