[Gdal-dev] translating HDF4 to netCDF, HDF in --formats, but translate says "unsupported"

Edward Fialkowski wef1 at cec.wustl.edu
Tue Oct 2 16:47:03 EDT 2007

Yep, someone totally gave me some bad files.  Both of them that were given
to me were bad, so now I went and got another 19 mb file, which is
recognized.

I'm really sorry to take the time on simply a bad file.

Unfortunately, though, I'm not quite ready for translation, so now I really
need some help.

[root at niceguy apps]# ./gdal_translate -of netCDF no2track20060101.hdf
no2track20060101.nc

Input file size is 512, 512
Input file has no bands, and so cannot be translated.

no bands?  I'm  completely unfamiliar with HDF, but from what limited I know
of bands, I can't see why it's stopping the translation.

Any idea I can do for this, just to translate it to netCDF?

Thanks again for all the help.
-Ed