[Gdal-dev] Re: Normalizing color maps..

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Mon Oct 8 09:54:56 EDT 2007

Burak BAYER schrieb:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to normalize or rebuild color map of different GeoTiff
> files.. I have map data of Turkiye and when I merge them with
> gdal_merge.py, color data of whole map become corrupted because of each
> tile has different color table.. So how can I merge them with correct
> color entries..

I'm not sure if it is dirctly possible, but one way is to use pct2rgb
and then rgb2pct. I recently added the possibility to rgb2pct that it
can read color tables from a text file (extract the color table from
your first image and reuse that table for the other images). If there is
interest I can provide this version of rgb2pct.

Regards
Wolfgang