[Gdal-dev] Turn off the old-gen Python bindings in trunk

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 13:15:35 EDT 2007

Rob McCulley wrote:
> If no one more qualified than myself steps forward, I could do this.
> I've managed to produce an .exe installation file of the next generation
> bindings for both 2.4 and 2.5.  I'm fairly new to building on Windows,
> but I've currently got it working.
>
> I'm sure the more I do it, the easier it will get.  I'll try and work on
> it a bit today, and see if I can come up with Release based installation
> packages for 2.4 and 2.5.  Do you think we need to also have one for
> Python 2.3?

Rob,

I think 2.4 and 2.5 is plenty, there is no pressing need for 2.3.

If you have binaries you want made available, send me an url and I'll load
them on download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32.   I will concede that I don't really
understand the difference between what you are making, and the existing

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/Python_GDAL-1.4.2.win32-py2.4.exe

that I presume was prepared by Howard.  Presumably your package includes
all the GDAL supporting DLLs?   I hope they are the ones from:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/gdalwin32exe142.zip

It would be obtuse of us to distribute subtly different GDAL14.DLLs
in different packages.