[Gdal-dev] JP2MrSID driver. How to get it?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 15 19:30:47 EDT 2007

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have just a simple question for you.
>
> I would like to test all the powerful drivers which are capable of
> handle Jpeg2000 format.
> I noticed that GDAL provides a wide set of JP2 drivers:
>
> JP2KAK
> JP2ECW
> JP2MrSID
>
> I already successfully tested the JP2KAK and the JP2ECW (by setting
> GDAL_SKIP = JP2KAK) drivers.
> Now I'm attempting to work with the JP2MrSID driver but I dont know how
> to get it. I set GDAL_SKIP = JP2KAK JP2ECW (space separated list) but
> calling "gdalinfo --formats" don't display JP2MrSID somewhere (only the
> simple "MrSID" appears).
>
> Do I need to properly configure NMAKE.opt in some manner? (I already
> enabled MrSID support)
> Or JP2MrSID is just a symbolic name to say that MrSID driver also allows
> reading JP2 files? (Although JP2ECW and ECW appear separately)
>
> Thank you very much for your help.

Daniele,

I see the nmake.opt in subversion lacks the MRSID_FLAGS = -DMRSID_J2K
required to enable the JP2MRSID driver.  I have added this in trunk and
1.4 branch.  But basically just add this in your nmake.opt, just after
MRSID_LIB for instance:

# Comment out the following to supress JP2MRSID driver.
MRSID_FLAGS =	-DMRSID_J2K