[Gdal-dev] RPF Write ???

Eric Finnen efinnen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:06:16 EDT 2007

 <gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org>

I apologize ahead of time if this is the incorrect location/board to post
this question to.

So I have been tasked to convert a whole slew of imagery products (that have
been clipped and edited from ArcGIS Server) into NITF and RPF
formats.SoArcGIS Server clips and puts the files into a local folder
as GeoTiff's.

 While it is clipping I have written a batch file which shells into FWTOOLS
and does a gdal_translate on all of them into NITF format, and it works
rather well. FWTools is filling this need quite nicely.

 However I am a bit confused with what the correct approach is to do this to
an RPF format. And to be honest I don't know if it can be done with the
OGDI/GDAL/FWTOOLS approach.

I will say while testing I can get it to ingest an RPF (using
gltp:/rpf/c:/temp/rpf…..) and export a TIF (or whatever format) just fine.
But is it possible to switch that around?

Thanks

-eric

efinnen at gmail.com