[Gdal-dev] Another NetCDF driver bug fix

A.Th.C. Hulst hulst at argoss.nl
Mon Oct 22 03:34:47 EDT 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007 18:02:37 gdal-dev-request at lists.maptools.org
wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Do you want me to send you my patched version (based on trunk version)?
>
> Joaquim,
>
> Yes, please do as a trac ticket please.
Hello,

now that there seems to be some life in the netCDF driver again:

Frank,

you mentioned that the fix I wrote for applying scale and offset was too
indiscriminate in the sense that they're always applied. Very true.

"Note that GDALRasterBand has methods to get the offset and scale. The normal
GDAL practice would be to return them via those methods - not to apply them
on the fly. Then it is up to the caller to do so if they wish."

What I understand is that if I have implemented the GetOffset and GetScale
methods, which I have, then I'm done. There's apparently a method of
GDALRasterBand to apply them. How does that work?

Sander