[Gdal-dev] Segmentation fault in gdal_rasterize

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Oct 24 18:15:39 EDT 2007

Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot a écrit :
>> The problem is in rasterizing algorithm. Spatial extent of your
>> shapefile spans from negative to positive values, but and
>> rasterizer expects a) positive values to identify range of scanline
>> b) cooridnate system conformance of vector and raster data used in
>> rasterizing. Your tif file does not have any coordinate system
>> assigned.
>
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer. I have assigned the EPSG:4326
> coordinate system to the TIF file, and now gdal_rasterize is working.
> So, negative coordinate values are allowed !

Jean-Claude,

Yes, you're right, I just wasn't precise enough.
They are allowed if georeference of files is asserted.

> But all the polygons are filled. Is it possible to draw only the
> contours of the polygons ?

Nope.

Quoting Frank's old post:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-June/009294.html

"GDAL's rasterization capability is not sophisticated from a render
styling point of view.  Other tools may be more appropriate if you want
to do anything more sophisitcated that rasterize the polygons in a
single solid color."

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot