[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr PostgreSQL and INTERLIS issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 25 10:38:03 EDT 2007

Andreas Neumann wrote:
> ok - this worked fine. If I use the -nln flag with the schema prefix the
> update in another schema works. Great!
>
> Maybe one could add a remark at http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pg.html that
> in case of updating existing PostgreSQL tables in a schema other than
> public, the "-nln schemaprefix.tablename" should be used. It would
> probably help other people who have the same problem like me.

Andreas,

I try to avoid documentation for the OGR (or GDAL) drivers which
is very specific to the GDAL and OGR utilities since I want the
docs to make sense in the context of other programs using the drivers.
So I'm inclined not to add this in the drv_pg.html docs, though there
might be some clarification on layer names being prefixed with schema
names that would be appropriate.

> Question: can I use more than one layer in this case? Can I pass a
> comma,separated list of layernames, or multiple -nln parameters? My first
> tests seem to indicate, not, which is a bit unfortunate. But maybe I
> overlooked something ...

No, you will basically need to run the ogr2ogr command once for each
layer you want to process.  Sorry.