[Gdal-dev] Building on OS-X

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 26 18:38:01 EDT 2007

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> what's wrong with using macports or fink? macports certainly has gdal.

A couple things:

* Do either macports or Fink do universal binaries yet?

* Getting a pre-built gdal isn't the point here -- I'm trying to get
myself setup to build the SVN trunk, not looking for a distribution.

* I want a build that integrates well with the rest of OS-X, in
particular the Framework Python. At least in the past, fink felt like
running another system within a system, much like cygwin on windows.
macports is a bit better, but still not what I'm looking for.

Ultimately, I want to be able to build Universal Application bundles
with py2app of a Python program that uses GDAL -- I don't think fink or
macports are going to help me there.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov