[Gdal-dev] Building with Xerces 2.7.0, 2.8.0 and 3.0.0

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Sep 5 19:53:28 EDT 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> After some tests, I confirm these problems, so I reported a ticket:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1799
>
> I'm fixing it now and testing GDAL with Xerces 2.7.0, 2.8.0 and
> 3.0.0.

I applied some fixes to the OGR Interlis driver (SVN).
I successfully tested current GDAL SVN with all three versions of
Xerces. So, the ticket #1799 has been closed as fixed.

Edward, Christian,

I'd appreciate if you could try to build GDAL from SVN and see if it
builds for you with Xerces support. If you will use GDAL sources tree
that has been used before, please don't forget to clean it first, plus
run autoconf, so configure is re-generated (soon, new regenerated
version will go to SVN too, but for now you need to run autoconf):

Here are recommended commands:

$ cd /path/to/gdal/svn/trunk
$ autoconf
$ ./configure  \
--with-xerces=yes \
--with-xerces-inc=/usr/local/xerces-${XERCES_VERSION}/include \
--with-xerces-lib="-L/usr/local/xerces-${XERCES_VERSION}/lib -lxerces-c
-lpthread"
$ make clean
$ make

Does it work now?