[Gdal-dev] Any prior work integrating GDAL with ImageIO?

Gibbs, Solomon Solomon_Gibbs at sra.com
Fri Sep 14 11:14:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

I asked this list earlier about the current status of the GDAL Java
bindings. Some related web searches turned up a number of posts
(including some SoC discussion) from people interested in wrapping GDAL
as a driver for the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) ImageIO library.

Has anyone seen any actual design work (articles, papers, issue
identification, etc.) on this subject? I don't have a great
understanding of the ImageIO internals, but I expect that there's at
least some paradigm mismatches that will have to be worked around.

Thanks in advance,

- Solomon