[Gdal-dev] Fwd: plate carree to latlon projection problem

jjknoops at netscape.net jjknoops at netscape.net
Tue Sep 18 05:17:46 EDT 2007

Hi Sjur,

Thanks for your replay. I think you are right when saying it's caused by ellipsoid. So I have used this command to reproject

call gdalwarp -s_srs "+proj=eqc +lat_ts=0 +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=sphere +a=6378137.0 +es=0.0 +units=m" -t_srs "epsg:4326"

After comparing this result with previous results then I would say it's worse. The offset between the result from gdalwarp and erdas has increased. My college has also compared the results with envi and found that it's comparable to the erdas results.

Best Regards,
Jaap Knoops