[gdal-dev] Cannot read tiff in gdal 1.5.1 for WinCE

marcello ferrero marcello_ferrero at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 17:07:31 EDT 2008

I was able to open tiff files on WinCE with gdal 1.4.2, but now that I
ricompiled gdal 1.5.1 for WinCE, I cannot read tiff files anymore.
I suspect the problem is due to the libtiff changes introduced with gdal
1.5.0.

In gdal 1.5.1 when bsearch is called within TIFFFindField the value of
tif->tif_nfields is initially 0. This causes bsearch to fail as the num
parameter is 0. The bsearch used on WinCE is the one provided for the
WinCe port (wcelibcex library).

I also tried to change the bsearch code of wcelibcex to return NULL when
num is 0. The result is that now bsearch does not fail but I still have
other errors returned from libtiff later in the code.
The same file opened with the same code compiled for Windows XP works
correctly.

Any idea?

Regards,
Marcello Ferrero