[gdal-dev] ogr_OCI plugin can't find OCI.dll

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Wed Apr 2 11:02:19 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I am getting a "...OCI.dll was not found..." message when trying to use
the OCI plugin.

That is what I did:

I downloaded the GDAL 1.5.0 binary distribution for win32 and the OCI
plugin:

gdalwin32exe150.zip
gdalwin32oci150.zip

And I extracted it to:

E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin
E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin\data
E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin\gdalplugins

I reset all other GDAL related environment variables to:

set path=%path%;E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin
set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin\gdalplugins
set GDAL_DATA=E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin\data

The OCI.dll is on the windows path. I can run executable from the the
same folder, like sqlplus.exe for example. BTW, the version I am using
is 10.2.0.1.0.

When I run gdalinfo I've got the windows dialog box error message
"...OCI.dll was not found..." and GDAL error report:

% ogrinfo
ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
E:\gdalwin32-1.5\bin\gdalplugins\ogr_OCI.dll
193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I can see on the Process Monitor that OCI.dll was found and successfully
loaded. So, I don't know that is happening.

Does anybody has a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Ivan