[gdal-dev] Copying GeoTIFF metadata header information from one TIFF to another

mattia mattia.parigiani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:00:54 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I have some Geotiff files that I process using GDAL, FWTOOLs generally
speaking and other libraries like IPW and ImageMagick...

I need to know if there is a way in GDAL to extract/dump all TIFF header
data relating image metadata and copy it into the header of another GEOTIFF
(or Tiff image) overwriting the contents of this lastly mentioned file..

It would be great to have any suggestions regarding how I could do this if
not possible in GDAL

Thanks in advance

--
Mattia