[gdal-dev] OGR Feature Style Specification

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:29:33 EDT 2008

2008/4/17, Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at tkk.fi>:
> Tamas Szekeres kirjoitti:
>
> > Further issues:
> >
> > 6. Can we support the dataset/layer level default styles as described
> > in the OGR Feature Style specification but haven't been implemented
> > yet?
> >

>  Sorry for flooding but this brings into my mind another issue related to
> styles.
>
>  Color table can also be thought of as a style table, where an attribute
> value of a feature (the value of the raster cell) is linked to a style
> (color). Similarly we might have a dataset of cities and capitals would have
> different styles (symbols) than normal cities.
>
>  Thus I think the dataset level styles (style tables) should be addressable
> through attribute values. I don't find this concept in the OGR feature style
> specification.

Yes, because it haven't been implemented yet, but the option of
referring to the style table have been mentioned there.
With regards to the rasters, I don't see which of the formats would
support considering the styles this way? The indexed color
representation is generally used and implemented by the drivers, but I
don't see how the indexed styles are taken into account by the
existing applications?

Tamas