[gdal-dev] Outline of world land masses

Mike Slinn mslinn at mslinn.com
Tue Apr 22 13:38:43 EDT 2008

Martin,

You've got some interesting data.

Currently the program I'm working on is just for nautical navigation, so
I'm more interested in the water side of the coastline ... however I
would like to render the land as a filled region, and for that closed
polylines are needed.

The details of the coastline are provided by S-57 charts (when loaded)
however I'd like to have a low resolution image of the entire world for
orientation purposes.

I'm going to try these images out later this week and will solicit
feedback from my users:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BlankMap-World-large.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BlankMap-World6-Equirectangular.svg

Mike