[gdal-dev] netcdf option build error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 29 10:45:26 EDT 2008

Are you using an SDK?  Even though Xcode 3.0 now adds a symlink to /
usr/local/lib in the SDKs, it doesn't add /usr/local/include, which
can cause random include errors (especially not saying a header file
is missing, but giving errors as if it was missing).  If you have
netcdf installed in some other location, you need to add a symlink to
it in the SDK.

If not using and SDK, dunno.  Works for me.

What about HDF4?  If you are compiling GDAL with that as well, make
sure to use the --disable-netcdf option in HDF4.

On Apr 29, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am having difficulty building GDAL 1.5.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.2 with
> the netcdf format enabled. If I disable the netcdf option, GDAL
> builds without incident.
>
> I have netcdf 3.6.2 installed and have specified the installation
> location with the --with-netcdf flag.
>
> It seems like it is not parsing netcdf.h.  In GDALmake.opt
> NETCDF_SETTING is set to 'yes'.

> Here are the error messages:

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy