[gdal-dev] netcdf option build error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 29 15:23:03 EDT 2008

I looked thru my notes on HDF4 to see if there was anything else.  Are
you compiling on Intel OSX?  There is a small endian issue in HDF4 for
Intel OSX where it will define the constants as bigendian, but only
for 32bit OSX.  In hconv.h, line 66, none of the tested machine values
match OSX Intel (__i386 or __i386__), so OSX Intel gets caught as
bigendian.

I don't know if this is enough to affect the definition of
MAX_VAR_DIMS or not.  I do see that MAX_VAR_DIMS is a backward-
compatibility define for Netcdf v2 - netcdf.h lines 912+.  The modern
version is NC_MAX_VAR_DIMS.  Did you use --disable-v2 when configuring
netcdf?