[gdal-dev] Re: reprojecting a georeferenced image (PNG, JPG)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 4 14:12:41 EDT 2008

Tim Michelsen wrote:
>> gdlawarp-co "WORLDFILE=YES" ....
> Thanks, this really got me going.
>
> I think the documentation could need some example here...

Tim,

I think it would lead to maintenance of documents.
Instead, it should be enough to remember that GDAL/OGR documentation
forms a kind of cascade.

- check general utilities doc [1] for options you need
-- not found, next, check utility specific doc [2]
--- if there is no option listed you are looking for
---- next step is to check driver specific options
----- so check driver doc
------ and here [3] you find what you need, creation option WORLDFILE
- back to general utility doc [1] to find how to pass creation option
and you get -co NAME=VALUE

[1] http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html
[2] http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html
[3] http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#PNG