[gdal-dev] The world is flipped redux

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 19:24:00 EDT 2008

Ok, this is driving me nuts, I can't handle "South is up" anymore.  I have
NetCDF derived GMT grids which have a flipped y-axis.  This makes for
georeferencing that looks like this:
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  ( -90.0000000, -90.0000000)
Lower Left  ( -90.0000000,   0.0000000)
Upper Right (   0.0000000, -90.0000000)
Lower Right (   0.0000000,   0.0000000)

I've seen some old discussions about this, but haven't really found a good
solution.  I've tried a "flip_raster.py" utility that Matt Perry wrote, but
it doesn't seem to do anything with my data.  (probably due to my crappy
data, not Matt's tool) I've also read that there have been some rewrites of
the NetCDF driver that are supposed to be able to deal with this, but I'm
not sure about that.

How have others out there dealt with this issue?  I'd like to be able to
convert the grids into GeoTIFF's and have the TIFF's be "right" side up.

Thanks,

Flipped-off Roger