[gdal-dev] Telling lies with geotiif metadata

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 26 13:10:48 EDT 2008

Disclaimer : I just read the 2 first paragraphs.

Indeed, if you want to be able to using bilinear resampling, cubic, etc...,
you can't do that on a paletted dataset. You must convert it before to 24
bit. So the solution is to pct2rgb.py your input files (or use the
new -expand rgb|rgba option in gdal_translate in GDAL development version)
and then warp them into epsg 3395. Then you should get correct quality.