[gdal-dev] Shapefile reprojection - copy and update metadata file

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Aug 26 15:34:13 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,
      Before I try to clumsily reinvent the wheel, I'd like to know if
someone has a method to :

      1) use ogr2ogr to reproject a shape file ( easy enough ).
      2) after the above projection copy the .xml file   (if it exists)
from the old shapefile to the new shapefile (easy as well).
      3) Update the copied .xml file to reflect the new projection
information, and possibly the action of projecting (the fun part :-)) .

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC