[gdal-dev] File too large?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 5 09:23:17 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Agustin Lobo <aloboaleu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a file in envi format
> (PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000.bsq and PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000.hdr)
>
> From gdalinfo I get:
>
>> gdalinfo PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000.bsq
> ERROR 4: `PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000.bsq' not recognised as a supported file
> format
>
> I've also tried renaming PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000.bsq
> to PIR_MVC_EUROM_0112_2000
>
> The size of the file is 6005188800 bytes, could this be the problem?
> I do not have this problem with other, smaller files.
> (I'm using ubuntu 8.04 and the file is on a NTFS partition)

Dr. Lobo,

I looked at the current code and it appears that large files should
work fine.  However, there has been significant work on the ENVI
driver over the last couple years. What version of GDAL are you using?
This can be determined with the "gdalinfo --version" command.

It may be that you need to upgrade.