[gdal-dev] ESRI file database

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Feb 7 19:25:23 EST 2008

> I understand the format is supposed to be "open" but that it wasn't
> clear how this would be accomplished a year ago.  Perhaps someone
> could ask if it is now clear, and how it is accomplished so we can
> write a driver.

I read in the Q&A  from the 2007 ESRI User Conference[1] that an api for
accessing file geodabases will be published after ArcGIS 9.3 is
released. This means at least 6 months from now, more likely 12 in my
opinion.

[1] Q: What are ESRI’s plans for opening up access to the geodatabase?
http://events.esri.com/uc/QandA/index.cfm?ConferenceID=51AD3E9D-D566-ED85-AEE0DBF4F59C45FD

best regards,

--
matt wilkie