[gdal-dev] Convert E00 into Shape

Chris Howell chowell at pyxisinnovation.com
Sat Feb 9 14:32:55 EST 2008

Ok I am still struggling with the converting of E00 files into shape files. I used avcimport to convert the E00 file into a binary coverage. Now I am trying to use OGR to convert the binary coverage into a shape file. My command looks like.

ogr2ogr.exe -s_srs EPSG:4326 -f "ESRI Shapefile" .\pop .\data\Cov

When I run this command I get the following error message.

ERROR 4 unable to open EPSG support file in gcs.csv
Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files - Which I have.

Cheers
Chris