[gdal-dev] TRMM subdataset reading in GDAL

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 02:16:54 EST 2008

Hello list,

I have been trying to read subdatasets from TRMM 2B32 for some time now,
used gdalinfo: No chance, tried to install pyhdf: error on install (other
people report it too, no help online), only the dedicated C code in teh
program select_vNsds_linux dedicated to TRMM finds subdatasets and extracts
them to bin||ascii formats.

Since I would like to get this done in full Monthy language code and
python-gdal1.5.0 is not wired to this TRMM HDF dataset, I would like to ask
for help about finding the way to command gdal to read in some places in
HDF. Maybe this way I can find the subdataset list. I am ready to code it in
C if required.

Thanks,
Yann