[gdal-dev] Motion: Commiter Status for Moratto

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:44:15 EST 2008

Ivan,

I'm +1 to the motion to add Stefano as a commiter.

With regards to the addition it would be required to restructure the
implementation can be found in
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/ilucena/swig/ a bit before adding it
to the trunk.
Any of the SWIG bindings should be built upon a common ground just
like for the other languages we currently have. I think one of the
most important goals around here is to ensure the proper convergence
between the interfaces that the various languages can provide.
Currently all of the SWIG bindings are derived from the interface
files in the /swig/include directory of the gdal project tree. These
files contain the desired wrappers (shadow classes) of the GDAL C API.
The generated interfaces will finally link against the gdal.dll and
doesn't create a separate dll for hosting the gdal/ogr related code.

Would it be realizable to follow the policy mentioned above?

Best regards,

Tamas