[gdal-dev] GdalWarp Errors?

aestrada estrada.adam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:06:43 EST 2008

All,
    I am reprojecting some data as part of a really long workflow
using Gdal_Translate to import ECW data to GeoTIFF --> GdalWarp to
reproject the output from that --> then I use another application to
export back to MrSID.

GdalWarp is producing this error and after 1000 line errors, it quits
the job.

ERROR 1: TIFFAppendToStrip:Write error at scanline 7635
ERROR 1: TIFFAppendToStrip:Write error at scanline 7635
ERROR 1: TIFFWriteEncodedStrip() failed.

This is just a snapshot of a single line.  Could it be that the
temporary TIFF file that was created by Gdal_Translate is too large
for GdalWarp?  The files that are being produced by Gdal_Translate are
roughly about 1.5 gigs so I really don't think they should be killing
the software.  Does anyone have an idea about what might be happening?

AWE