[gdal-dev] Building with MSYS/MingGW

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 28 19:07:14 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've never been able to get GDAL to build with MSYS/MinGW. However, it
appears others here have, so here's my questions:

What versions of MSYS and MinGW are you using?

Do you configure with libtool or without (if with, did you need to apply
a patch?)

Can you give me an example ./configure line that works for you?

I'm running:
WindowsXP service pack2
MSYS version 1.0.10
MinGW 5.1.3 (gcc 3.4.2)

I've tried building the 1.5 release, and various versions of SVN, both
with and without libtool.

Any tips would be appreciated.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov