[gdal-dev] Java SWIG Bindings

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:54:53 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 6:58 PM, Meek, Allan (Contractor) <Allan.Meek at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>
wrote:

> Does anybody have any advice to help me get around these problems?

Hi,
I guess Benjamin has already solved your problems with its suggestions.
Anyway, we (GeoSolutions) are working on a Java ImageIO-Extensions project
which deeply leverages on GDAL via SWIG's generated bindings.
This project also contains a step-to-step guide on how to setup all the
required components/software in order to get everything working. Hence, the
guide also contains a section with instructions on how to build GDAL and
generate Java bindings on both Windows and Linux (as well as a set of
required customizations in order to extend capabilities).
You may find this guide at this site:
https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/svn/imageio-ext/trunk/documentation/ImageioExt.odt(When
asked for userID and pass you can simply use "guest" as userID with no
password).
Actually, the main website requires a real improvement since it is in a very
preliminar version (I have written some rows just for introduction... 50
seconds of work :) ). We will improve it very soon.
In case you need more help, let us know.

Best Regards,
Daniele Romagnoli

> Thanks,
> Allan