[Gdal-dev] JP2MrSID driver. How to get it?

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:11:19 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm working on LINUX (Ubuntu) to fix some things on ImageIo-ext project.
I have read some olds threads talking about conflicts between Kakadu and
MrSID's Jpeg2000 support.
I'm using GDAL 1.4.2 with MrSid (GeoExpress Decode SDK 6.0.7.1407) and
Kakadu 5.2.6.

When building GDAL after configuring it for MrSid and Kakadu, I get only
JP2KAK and MrSID (using GDALInfo --formats).
I then attempted to edit GDALMake.opt after ./configure, adding MRSID_FLAGS
=   -DMRSID_J2K and I get errors when building.
However I have noticed that when configuring with support for only MrSID,
JP2MrSID appears in the list of supported formats (So, manually setting
MRSID_FLAGS is not required :P)

It is possible to support both JP2KAK and JP2MRSID driver on Linux?
Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Daniele

On Oct 16, 2007 12:30 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> > Hi list,
> > I have just a simple question for you.
> >
> > I would like to test all the powerful drivers which are capable of
> > handle Jpeg2000 format.
> > I noticed that GDAL provides a wide set of JP2 drivers:
> >
> > JP2KAK
> > JP2ECW
> > JP2MrSID
> >
> > I already successfully tested the JP2KAK and the JP2ECW (by setting
> > GDAL_SKIP = JP2KAK) drivers.
> > Now I'm attempting to work with the JP2MrSID driver but I dont know how
> > to get it. I set GDAL_SKIP = JP2KAK JP2ECW (space separated list) but
> > calling "gdalinfo --formats" don't display JP2MrSID somewhere (only the
> > simple "MrSID" appears).
> >
> > Do I need to properly configure NMAKE.opt in some manner? (I already
> > enabled MrSID support)
> > Or JP2MrSID is just a symbolic name to say that MrSID driver also allows
> > reading JP2 files? (Although JP2ECW and ECW appear separately)
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Daniele,
>
> I see the nmake.opt in subversion lacks the MRSID_FLAGS = -DMRSID_J2K
> required to enable the JP2MRSID driver.  I have added this in trunk and
> 1.4 branch.  But basically just add this in your nmake.opt, just after
> MRSID_LIB for instance:
>
> # Comment out the following to supress JP2MRSID driver.
> MRSID_FLAGS =   -DMRSID_J2K
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com