[gdal-dev] Does CCITTFax-Compression of GeoTiffs work for you?

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 04:29:10 EST 2008

Hello,
> Have you try to check the integrity of that files in another software?

Yes, I did - no problem occured. So I think the TIFs are fine.
> And what if you gdal_translate the successful LZW file to CCITT 4? Does it works?

I did not recognize this tool before, thanks for this hint - I needed
this with another problem. But for this no change in behaviour of my
program.
gdal_translate translated everything correctly but the only compression
that seem to work for me is LZW. All the others (I tryed with GDAL 1.50)
do not work.
Surely OpenEV and other vierwers are able to display them.
So like you, Frank, said it is now a WinCE related problem - I will try
to trace through the code and see what happens.

Anyway - thank you for your help.

Tom