[gdal-dev] PGeo driver errors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 14:03:17 EST 2008

Ryk DeYoe wrote:
> Just a little more progress.  I found the location for increasing the buffer
> ( szWrkData[1024] in cpl_odbc.cpp ).  Now it seems to read in the whole
> string without smashing the stack....then something weird happens somewhere
> else. Strings in the SRTEXT file up to 32 chars are ok, but go to 33 chars
> and the string gets truncated to 12 chars.  Of course, 12 chars is not
> enough to define the SRS (from a 542 char SRTEXT) so the importFromWKT
> function fails.
>
> Can anyone point me to where this truncation is occurring?

Ryk,

I tried importing the SRS you gave in an earlier message into
OGRSpatialReference and it worked fine.  I can't help but wonder if the
problems you encounter are related to the mdbtool code, or something that
is only a problem in the somewhat antique version of GDAL/OGR you are using.

If you can demonstrate a problem in GDAL trunk (or 1.5.x) in a situation
that does not involve the MDBTools stuff (for instancing passing the wkt
on the commandline to a tool) I'd be more inclined to pursue the issue.