[gdal-dev] Re: Motion: Adopt RFC 20: OGRSpatialReference Axis Support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 18:23:34 EST 2008

Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:54:36PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>  The CPL config option "IGNORE_AXIS_ORIENTATION" may also be set to
>>  "TRUE" to disable OGRCoordinateTransformation's checking, and
>>  application of axis orientation changes. Effectively this is a
>>  backdoor to disable the core effects of the RFC.
>
> Frank,
>
> Do we have any convention on GDAL option naming? Some of them starts
> with "GDAL_" prefix, but this one not. I am suggesting to rename it in
> "GDAL_IGNORE_AXIS_ORIENTATION" to be more uniform and clear.

Andrey,

I have adjusted the RFC accordingly, though we haven't generally been
very consistent with CPL config option naming in the past.

Unfortunately our two business days (and a bit) have passed without
getting enough support for the RFC to pass.  Under the assumption (hope!)
that folks have just been to busy to review it, I'm going to keep the
motion alive for an extra two business days (till Tuesday evening).

Any PSC members who have concerns are encouraged to raise them.  If there
isn't support by then, I guess I'll have to shelve this plan and see what
alternative I can come up with.