[gdal-dev] OT: subversion configuration

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sat Jul 26 03:58:38 EDT 2008

Mateusz Loskot kirjoitti:
> Ari Jolma wrote:
>> I'm annoyed because I can't configure subversion properly for my
>> local copy of GDAL repository.
>>
>> I want to keep all files locally LF also in Windows. I've set
>>

> In other words, if svn:eol-style was not set to LF for all .c, .cpp
> and .h files while they were being imported to the SVN, then the
> eol-style is by default set to native.
>
> svn propset -R svn:eol-style LF *.h

Thanks Mateusz,

In the menu Tortoise adds into file managers in Windows, there is a
properties command, which opens a window of Property => Value data (of
the file I presume). The svn:eol-style seems to be native always. I
changed this to LF and the effect is just what I want. The file comes
back LF even if I delete it, i.e., the property is set also in the server.

I assume I shouldn't set the property to LF for files which I don't
"own" (everything else than the Perl bindings)? Although I think the
policy was to have the files in the repository to be LF?

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma