[gdal-dev] Re: Open source API to convert raster to polygons?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Jun 6 11:07:39 EDT 2008

Klokan,

  I couldn't get Autotrace to give me what I wanted.  In the end I wrote some code using GDAL and OGR for the raster and vector I/O.

  Most raster-to-vector problems are far more difficult than mine; in those cases, the need is to re-constitute a scanned map (or drawing) to it's original "vector" format.  For my simple problem, I just needed to connect adjacent pixels with line segments.

Thanks!
Brent