[gdal-dev] Re: NITF JPEG2000 read support?

Sven Geggus usenet at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Fri Jun 6 16:16:59 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> You would need a license for the Kakadu library though there is a
> reasonably priced option for personal use.

Well, it is not personal use, what I intend to do.

> I have confirmed I can access an NITF file with JPEG2000 imagery using
> either the JP2KAK (Kakadu) driver, or the JP2ECW (ECW SDK) driver.

This is indeed a strange thing, because I was unable to use ecwj2 as well,
as you can see in my original Mail. I think my best bet would be to check my
file with the FWTools Version of gdalinfo.

> I believe it does not work with the JasPer based "JPEG2000" driver.

I already suspected this, because the nitf Dokumentation is talking about
ecwj2 and kakadu only.

Sven

--
Threading is a performance hack.
(The Art of Unix Programming by Eric S. Raymond)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web