[gdal-dev] Image values greater than the maximum.

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at otomelara.it
Wed Jun 11 03:57:24 EDT 2008

I noticed a problem in my code; it's reproducible with the
Arc/Info_ASCII_GRID gdal dataset taken from:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/data/aaigrid/095b_dem_90m.asc

If I call the function GDALComputeRasterMinMax() with the second
parameter 'bApproxOK' set to FALSE, I get the values:

* min=213
* max=538

Then, when I go to read the image with the ReadIO function, all of the
values are within this range and this is ok.

Instead if I call the function GDALComputeRasterMinMax() with the second
parameter 'bApproxOK' set to TRUE, I get the same above min and max
values but when I go to read the image, some of the values are greater
than the maximum.

Why the parameter 'bApproxOK' has influence on the values of data?

Thanks.
Michele