[gdal-dev] osm xml and everything else

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Jun 12 08:29:20 EDT 2008

Tim Bowden wrote:

> [...] Ultimately, I'm wanting it in postgis where I can make real use of
> it.  I'd also like to be able to easily suck new data out of postgis
> into something osm can use.  Recommendations?

Getting 'foreign' formats into OSM might prove to be challenging ....

Just to suck small areas into PostGIS I'd say 'osm2pgsql' is your
friend. If you're just looking for occasional snippets, then I might
have this download page on offer for you - I'm updating the OSM
layer(s) approx. every month:

  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/download.psp

Cheers,
	Martin.