[gdal-dev] run time error importing gdal.dll from a python script

Luis Solís solisgb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:20:14 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm working with python 2.4 and windows xp sp 2. These days I'm trying
to install gdall library gdalwin32-1.5 with Python bindings. I have
tried to run an script using the library, but python raises the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\dev\python\gis\do_createPointShp.py", line 12, in ?
    from MyOgrDrv import MyOgrDrv,Point
  File "E:\dev\python\gis\MyOgrDrv.py", line 6, in ?
    import ogr
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ogr.py", line 2, in ?
    from osgeo.gdal import deprecation_warn
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\osgeo\gdal.py", line 7, in ?
    import _gdal
ImportError: DLL load failed

and windows raises the message -> curls_multi_cleanup pocedure don`t
find entry point in libcurl.dll

It's like my procedure cant find gdall.dll, or libcurl.dll, I don't known

The installation procedure of gdal  and python bindings ends ok, I'have
added gdal dir to PATH environment windows variable.

I have found 2 programs than uses others libcurl.dll versions (an
antivirus program and Apples's program)

There are any way to inspect where my script is finding gdal.dll?, and

How I could indicate the correct path ?

--
Luis Solís