[gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp -co COMPRESSION issues

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Mar 14 16:31:30 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam pisze:

> It is not on my critical path, so I don't anticipate working on it in
> the near future.  It may well be challenging for others to address.
>
> Basically, there is no particular timeline for it to be fixed.
>
> You could try and fix it yourself, or contract with someone to fix it
> if it is very important to you.

It is very important for all gdalwarp users. gdalwarp creates compressed
GeoTIFFs too big; even several times bigger than their uncompressed
versions.

> BTW, I assume there is a trac ticket for this problem.  I'd suggest noting
> it in emails about the topic.  If it were quoted, I might have contemplated
> boosting it's priority.

I've already noticed it in my intial post in this thread. Here they go
again:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1688
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1689

They propably should be merged.