[gdal-dev] What options for display of high-quality ortho's via WMS?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:54:03 EDT 2008

Well, generating overviews of the 8-bit data produced pretty awful looking
results.  gdaladdo did warn me, so I can't blame it.  ;)  Also changing the
resampling to bilinear did not improve the matter.

Is it better to create large, single-image overviews, or to create many
tiles of varying resolution levels?